5/22/11

Lost in the Jura - Mt Aubert and Mt Aubert and Mt Aubert


Worst looking GPS track ever.

OK I got a little lost on Mt Aubert.  Actually I got a lotta lost on Mt Aubert.  I ended up at the same spot 3 times in a row, Blair Witch style and completely misplace a 50 mile long lake (Neuchatel), but it didn't really matter.  You see there are different degrees of being lost ...  

1) not knowing where one is 
2) not knowing where one is heading

The crux of the issue is 'Does it even matter?'.  Ok I didnt make it up to Creux de Van (upper left in photo below) as I had intended, but I had enough food, water, daylight, and legs to get wherever I needed to be by the time I needed to be there, so it didnt really matter that I spent my day doing unintentional repeats on Mt Aubert.


22.5 with 4500 feet of vertical, 9 bonus miles





Milkweed on the climb up to the Jura Crest from Champagne








There are a few nice trails around Mt Aubert, but signage is truly terrible.



Cardamine pentaphylla (maybe)



Obligatory Swiss cow photo



No comments:

Post a Comment